Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Foods: Sharp Provolone

Yesterday, my boss took me and another coworker out to lunch. We went to Shanks, which is a famous Philly sandwich place that I had never been to before. I was told that the key to their sandwiches was the Sharp Provolone cheese, and the chicken cutlet sandwich was recommended. I decided to try the chicken cutlet with the cheese on it. Here's what my sandwich looked like:

I am not, honestly, a  big cheese person. I particularly don't like strong cheeses, and I found sharp provolone to be too strong. I ended up taking it off and just putting ketchup on the chicken cutlet sandwich. The chicken cutlet sandwich with ketchup wasn't terribly exciting but it was alright.

I think next time I'll try one of the pork sandwiches they are apparently known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment