Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mini Adventures

My twitter post is coming, probably tomorrow, but first, here are some mini adventures I had this week:

Adventure #1: Cooking. 
On Tuesday for lunch I decided to try to use up the leftover tortillas from that Fridays Chicken Fajitas meal I made a couple weeks ago. The supplies I found that seemed most compatible were eggs and cheese. After consulting with my sister, I fried an egg, took it out, put a tortilla in the pan, put the egg back on, put some cheese on, and put another tortilla on and then flipped it a few times. The tortilla on the bottom got rather burnt.

Here are a couple of pictures of what this concoction looked like when I took it out.

Burnt side of Egg and Cheese Tortilla
Other side of Egg and Cheese Tortilla

I decided that the burnt side was gross, and so I took it off and folded the remaining tortilla for a sort of egg-and-cheese soft taco effect. Here's what that looked like:

Folded Egg and Cheese in Tortilla.
Turns out, this was a pretty tasty concoction once I took the burnt side off. I will probably try to make this again some other time and improve on it.



Adventure #2: Take Me Out To The Ballgame!
On Thursday night I went to the Phillies game, and I went basically by myself. I bought a ticket on Tuesday, and I think it must have been the last available seat because I was all the way up in the last row of the top tier in that area of the ballpark. This was my view:

View of Citizens Bank Park from Section 307, Row 22.
I did have a friend who was also at the game, but since I arrived by myself, left by myself, and sat by myself for 95% of the game, I think this qualifies as the first time I've been to a game by myself. I had a good time at the game, even though the Phillies lost that night.

Coming up tomorrow will be my post on twitter, and also look out for a new segment on trying different foods in restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment